Tuesday, December 11, 2007

My life in a NUTshell

I haven't been writing anything recently, but I have a very good reason. I have become a mother of three. (Only one child is actually mine). I have become responsible for the care of my nieces. They will be with me until December of 2008 and I have had them since August of this year. Their father is in the U.S.M.C. (marines) he has been deployed overseas.

It has kinda been like instant family. I have been on the point of pulling my hair out by the roots. When you have two 5 year old and a 4 year old just about anything can happen on any given day. Like hitting, biting, pulling hair, arguing over who has to clean the playroom, saying mean things to each other, and etc. If you have more than 1 kid you know what I mean. I have been raising my 1 child for the past 5 years and I never realized just how easy I have it. My husband will help out when he is not at work but the major battles are all mine. When the kids moved in with us it was a big adjustment for everyone but it was hardest for my daughter, who has never had to share anything including moms attention. She was taking it pretty well until recently and has now reverted to the most dreaded attention getter, whining!!!!!!!!!!!!

My nieces has of course had a difficult time with the whole process, they really just don't understand what is going on and have resorted to some amazing attention getting tactics. Destroying toys or furniture was one of the best I have come across so far. One of them has been spoiled her entire life which is only four years, but boy oh boy does she let you know she is spoiled. She cries when you ask her to do the simplest things, she doesn't get her way she throws a full blown temper tantrum, or even yells I HATE YOU!, but he best yet with her is the gagging herself to throw up to make you feel sorry for her and think that she is sick.

I have had a very easy time so far, oh yes indeed. But I am trying to make it work. I am having to adjust just like everyone else in this house, and maybe eventually I'll figure it out. But of course by the time that happens they will (hopefully) be back with their father.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh I feel for you! I have a 6 and 3 year old but I know what your dealing with. Hopefully you can get the spoiled out of the 4 year, all I can say is use some tough love. :)